Sunday, June 23, 2013

What I learned from Life of Pie

In the film Life of Pi, Pi says the tiger was the only reason he survived. The reason he stayed alert, his sole companion and at some points his purpose in life. But as important as the tiger was in his life, they parted 'unceremoniously' and without a goodbye. They couldn't communicate, and with no means of clarifying their relationship, they had to leave things as they were. No miraculous story of the tiger never leaving his side or growing old together. No bollywood scene of the tiger turning back one last time before walking away reluctantly. The tiger belonged in the wild, and Pi had to return to reality.

When I have to part with my tiger, the reason I survived, my sole companion and at some points my purpose in life, I shall remember that at the end of the day, I shall have an amazing story to tell. =')

No comments:

Post a Comment